Saturday, June 6, 2009

3:21 AM

That is the time stamped on the computer. I have been in here since 2:25. You have been awake since 2:25. There is nothing wrong. You are awake. Wide. Awake. This is a reoccurring trend that I could live without. You used to sleep 6 hours. Now it is a sporadic 3. I am waiting. Waiting to see what you will do. You are fussing. I really don't think you can put yourself to sleep again. But, I am tired. Tired of standing over your crib. Tired of trying to get you back to sleep. I am tired. I love you. I really do. You are a toot. Here has been an hour. Nothing yet. You are still awake. Wide. Awake. The problem is now you are probably getting hungry. I will go feed you. You will go back to sleep. We will start this whole shenanigan again tomorrow night. I am tired. It makes me even more tired thinking about doing this tomorrow. But, I am alas not going back to work. We now have time to dedicate to this whole sleeping thing. Lots of time. It's me and you. I give it two weeks. I pray for my sanity. But, I see light. Sometime during the next two weeks you will be sleeping soundly again. This, I am sure. Bring it on.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man! Praying for a better night tonight. SLEEP good miss Teagen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That's so frustrating...I feel your pain. Sleep sleep precious girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Erin, Bless you for being so patient! I remember that feeling and it is one thing I dread, but know it will come and well you do what needs to be done. I pray I am as calm and patient as you.

    ReplyDelete