Friday, March 6, 2009

It's a lengthy one(part 1)

I have finally uploaded and sorted through Teagen's birth photos. It already seems like so long ago but yet feels like yesterday. These are memories that will last a lifetime and that I will cherish every moment of my life. I am trying to keep these special moments alive as I want to look back and remember but more importantly, one day, I want to sit down with my daughter and relive this very special moment with her and account for all the small, special details that happened on that day.
On the other hand, I will probably shoot myself one day for posting some of these photos as they, by any stretch of the imagination, are not the most flattering pictures. However, they are true and that is what makes them so special to me.
With all that said, Teagen's birth was quite the opposite of Eli's. I was more prepared; mentally, physically and emotionally. I had a new doctor, a new hospital and a new experience. She was able to be with me from the moment she was born. We had direct contact and those are my most cherished memories of the day. She never left my hands and when she did, she was always within my arms reach.
So, I will let the pictures speak for themselves...
Getting Dad some Starbucks...I really am a nice wife!

Arriving

One last picture going in because sure won't look the same coming out!

Outside the hospital

Finding our way
A little meditation helps to calm the nerves

The paparazzi was never far behind :)
Deep breathing...a bit of anxiety
The final choices...just waiting to see which one it will be???

The sun comes up...and you auntie waits your arrival
Our family of three before it became a family of four
sweet time with your brothergetting his camera ready for your arrivalThe clock struck and it was time...

I had to drink something truly horrible...
Everybody leaves to await the arrival!
The look of fear, emotion, worry, excitement and anything else you can think of bottled up into one unflattering but 'true' look
My first glance at my little dainty thing!
Makes you forget about the above mentioned!
A moment that I will never forget!

More to come in part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment