Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Time flies

I can't believe how fast time flies. One day I think about posting and then, before I know it, it has been 2 weeks.

Right around T's first birthday she became very sick. Eli had had a couple of high fever viruses and croup and I thought that because I was still nursing T she had somehow missed it. Then, the morning of her birthday party, the fever started. That was on Saturday. On Sunday, I took her to an after hours clinic just to make sure it wasn't an ear infection or the flu. She had all the symptoms of flu; high fever, cough, etc... The flu test came back negative and we were sent home with the 'typical' virus stuff. But, her fever continued around 102-103 for days. Then, in a matter of about 12 hours it went from a cough to a really, really bad cough coupled with lethargy, and not eating or nursing. So, on Wednesday evening I took her, again, to the urgent care. There, she had blood work and x-rays followed by a round of breathing treatments. She had pneumonia and RSV. We were sent home on heavy antibiotics to treat the bacterial infection she had as well as breathing treatments to open her airways. She ended up running a high fever for 7 days and didn't eat for 4. She lost a lot of weight and turned into a skinny little thing.

I am happy to say that by the grace of god, she recovered. We missed checking into the hospital by about 5 hours as her fever finally broke right in time. Her appetite has finally returned but that took a good week. I am so thankful to my parents for coming and helping me out. It was a rough time. And, I am so thankful that everyday I am blessed with 2 happy, healthy children.

i am so bummed that this picture is out of focus...so, so bummed



Doesn't she look so skinny? Cute, but skinny!

No comments:

Post a Comment